Lolas GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) Policy
About this policy
Las Tapas De Lola is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
- you use our website (www.lastapasdelola.com);
- you make a booking through our website;
- you make enquiries on our website;
- someone is interested in working with us.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site. By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy. Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who are we?
Las Tapas De Lola is a restaurant based in 12 Wexford Street, Dublin 2.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
- when you make a booking;
- when you visit our restaurant (preferences, allergies etc.);
- make an enquiry;
- when/if you sign up to marketing emails.
What type of information is collected from you?
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you make a booking. We’ll collect this information so we can fulfill your booking request and you may dine at our venue.
When you make a booking or booking enquiry
Las Tapas De Lola collects information such as:
- e-mail address (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback emails);
- Mobile/telephone number;
- home or work address;
- billing information taken for deposits, ticketing, or holding credit card information;
- company name;
- dietary requests;
- marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out).
When you dine at Las Tapas De Lola:
- marketing responses (where applicable);
- survey responses;
- current and past restaurant reservation details.
When you access our sites
There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Las Tapas De Lola. This information can include:
- device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet);
- operating system;
- IP address;
- browser type;
- browser information (e.g., type, language, and history);
- domain names;
- access times;
- referring website addresses
- other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood).
You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us to email@example.com . This information may include:
- personal details;
- employment details;
- salary history;
- other relevant details.
We’ll use this information to assess your application. We may also keep it in our records for future reference. Please get in contact if you would no longer like us to hold your records by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- send you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback);
- improve our products and services;
- send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them;
- we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example, service providers (e.g. ResDiary for the provision of online bookings), third-party payment processors, and other third parties to provide our sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
How and where do we store data?
For reservations taken through ResDiary software, your data will only be stored in the UK. ResDiary data is stored securely in data centres managed by Rackspace.
For emails; your data is stored via the Google platform that we use for our booking mails at email@example.com .
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: email@example.com.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will, therefore, be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following basis): 5 years from the last month you had a booking or made a booking enquiry with us.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
- Opting Out: you can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the services.
Our site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
The Cookies We Use
- exp_last_visit - Sets the datetime that the user last visited the site, and is set for both guests and logged in users. If not set, is automatically set to 10 years ago.
- exp_tracker - Tracks the last 5 pages viewed by the user, and is used primarily for redirection after logging in etc.
- exp_last_activity - Every time the state is updated (the page reloaded) the last activity is set to the current datetime. Used to determine expiry.
- exp_sessionid - A uniquely generated ID that corresponds to the session_id column in the exp_session table. Used when cookie and session are set as the session type.
- _gat_gtag_UA-50334274-1, _ga, _gid - Analytical cookies for us to better craft the user experience based on your page view experiences.
How you can block cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the website. In particular, you may not be able to access all or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained on it.
What happens if our business changes hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes by us, but the new owners may do so.
We may share your information (such as meal or seating preferences and special occasions) with other restaurants in the same restaurant group. This is to enhance the hospitality experience that we (the restaurant group) provide you when dining with us (such as, potential allergies; preferred wines, etc - a customised service) and to improve our table and shift planning.
In addition to providing you with more customised service, we may, as permitted by applicable law, share your information with our restaurant affiliates to support operations, such as to perform analytics, tailor marketing to you, support a loyalty program that you have chosen to participate in, and improve services.
For more information, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this statement